Second quarter, 2019 : Schedule of events
From April 1st to June 30th
Enter the strange world of New Caledonia’s fresh-water creatures !
Until June 30th, discover the secret life of New Caledonia’s fresh-water creatures: fish, insects, shrimps… Some are seriously weird, some are tiny, some exist only in New Caledonia!
What are the events scheduled for the 2nd quarter?
In April, May and June, “Strange fresh-water creatures” are the stars of the show
• Presentation of animals never before seen at the Aquarium
• Discovery of unusual animal forms (such as insect larvae)
• The minute world of fresh-water plankton
• Discovery of animals which only exist in New Caledonia
Schedule of events
Every day :
10:30 : Feeding the fish
12:00 / 2:00 pm : Film “The secret world of eels”
1:30 pm / 3:30 pm : Film “People and insects of the Deep South”
3:00 pm : Feeding the turtles
Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays (every day during school holidays) :
10 :30 : Feeding the fish
2:00 pm / 4:00 pm : Guided visit “Strange fresh-water creatures”
Friday April 12, Friday May 10 and Friday June 14: Evening presentation “Strange fresh-water creatures”
Program of the evening presentations :
• Many special exhibits concerning “Strange fresh-water creatures”
• Games for all ages on the same theme
• Demonstration of animal handling
• Face painting and pictures to colour for the very young
Special ticket price: Adults: 1000 F, Children: 500 F, Family (2 adults + maximum 3 children): = 2000F
Buy your ticket online at Eticket.nc
During school holidays, discover backstage at the Aquarium !
2 guided tours every day (except Mondays) at 10:30 and 3:00 pm
Lots of surprises, but here is a sample of the fare :
• Visit of the technical equipment of a large fish tank
• Visit of the Aquarium nursery (with leopard shark eggs and newborn babies)
• Visit of the turtle hospital and the quarantine area
• Presentation of some of the Aquarium’s ongoing research projects
Advance booking only (call 26 27 31), maximum 10 people per group. 3000 F per person, children free.