The "Aquarium des Lagons" is a public establishment operated jointly by the Government of New Caledonia, the Government of the Southern Province and the City of Noumea.
The statutes of the organization define its major goals and objectives:
- Management of the Aquarium
- Contribute to the promotion, protection and conservation of New Caledonia's aquatic environments
- Take part in the promotion of tourism in New Caledonia
- Contribute to the distribution of scientific information relating to aquatic flora and fauna
- Develop partnership with other French, European or international institutions engaged in similar activities.
Our mission is to achieve these goals: